|September 2016||Monthly Newsletter for CML USA, Inc. Ercolina||Volume 5, Number 9|
September 12-17, 2016
November 1-4, 2016
November 16-18, 2016
December 13-15, 2016
February 3-5, 2017
March 7-11, 2017
CML USA, Inc.
3100 Research Parkway
Application of the Month
Save your workout for the gym!
With some entry-level benders you have to struggle with a cumbersome pin and ratchet mechanism to bend pipe and tube. Have we got relief for your tired back and arms!
Ercolina’s NEW model Super Bender® Plus rotary draw tube and pipe bender eliminates the intense labor and difficult programming. Bend information is stored and the desired bend is produced in seconds.
New easy-to-read control displays machine position and all current functions on one screen for greater convenience. Color coded touch screen indicates bend angle, springback and actual bend position in separate colors for easy recognition. Bend angle can be adjusted accurately by degree any time throughout the bending cycle. Machine stops at desired bend angle automatically to end cycle.
The control panel or foot pedal can be used to initiate bend and return functions. Super Bender® Plus offers generous capacity from ¼″ to 2″ tube or 1-1/2″ Sch. 40 pipe. Ercolina tooling installs quickly and produces quality bends. Swing away counter bend die vise offers easy loading and unloading of work piece. Efficient three phase drive motor operates from a 220 single phase power source. Powerful gear reduction operates quietly without need for hydraulics.
Trade Show Season is Here
Will We See You at IMTS?
Ercolina will be exhibiting at several shows over the upcoming months. (Check out our Events Calendar at the upper left for details.) IMTS, in Chicago, is our next big show. We are excited to unveil our new Ercolina Super Bender® Plus! Stop by our Booth #N-6366 while you are taking in IMTS, or visit us at one of our upcoming shows! Read more about Ercolina’s new Super Bender® Plus on page 60 of the August 2016 issue of Fabricating & Metalworking magazine.
National Manufacturing Day
First Friday in October
October 7, 2016 will mark the fifth annual Manufacturing Day celebration.On this day students, teachers, parents, job seekers and community leaders are invited to open houses, plant tours and educational sessions which highlight modern manufacturing technology and careers.
Manufacturers take pride in working with their hands and utilizing new technology. Unfortunately, the manufacturing industry today is facing a major shortage of skilled workers. These events are intended to inspire today’s science, technology, engineering, and math graduates to pursue careers in manufacturing and engineering by offering onsite experiences which address common misconceptions and enhance the public image of the industry. We need to harness the potential of the next generation for future economic success. Find where events are being held in your area, or learn how to host your own local event by visiting the Manufacturing Day website!
Did You Know…
… the difference between Mild Steel and Stainless Steel?
The most basic difference between steel and stainless steel is in their composition. Steel is made from a combination of iron and carbon. This combination produces a strong and malleable metal that is most suitable in the construction industry and for making heavy equipment. Stainless steel, on the other hand, is made from a combination of chromium and iron. The resultant metal is anti-corrosive and resistant to rusting. Stainless steel is easy to fabricate and has a pleasing, aesthetic appeal. These properties, coupled with the fact that it has hygienic properties, make its use common in manufacturing surgical instruments, cookware, hospital appliances, as well as pharmaceutical processing facilities.
When steel is subjected to air, the iron in it reacts with oxygen to form oxide of iron (rust). In contrast, stainless steel does not rust when exposed to air. The chromium present in the stainless steel reacts with oxygen to form a chromium oxide film on the metal’s surface which acts as a protective layer against rusting or corrosiveness.
Promotional Pricing Available
Take advantage of these specials while they last!
… New Promotional Pricing is available for a limited time on some of Ercolina’s most popular models!
CLICK HERE for more information on this month’s specials!
Better Information Leads to a Better Machine Fit
When reviewing a new application or prospecting a potential customer, there are particular key questions that can help you select the correct Ercolina product.
1. What is the material? Materials come in various shapes, sizes and composition. Typically, a material will have an ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials International) assigned to it. This number is recognized internationally and contains such information as Brinell hardness, tensile strength, chemical composition…etc. This information is extremely valuable when reviewing materials.
2. What is the wall thickness and shape of material?
3. What is the largest size material you wish to bend? Ercolina machines are produced in several sizes and capacity levels. It is important to determine the largest profile to be bent so that a suitable machine can be recommended.
4. How long is the material?
5. What is the centerline bend radius? All Ercolina tooling is measured according to the centerline bend radius. This is measured to the center of the profile from the center of the drive spindle. Be sure to review all prints or drawings, if available, for this specification. In rotary draw bending, the typical tightest radius capable is 2 to 2-1/2 times the diameter of the material. If bending requirements are tighter, then a mandrel bending machine is needed. If the radius is large, 15” or larger, then a roll bending operation is ideal.
6. What is the maximum bend angle required? All Ercolina machines can bend up to at least 180 degrees. Rotary draw and mandrel bending machines can only go to 180 degrees due to tooling limitations. Roll machines can produce complete circles or even coils.
7. How many bends do you need to make per day, week, month or year? All machines have a “duty” cycle rating. The volume of bends needed helps ensure the correct machine is chosen.
8. What is the minimum distance between two consecutive bends? All standard tooling has certain inherent limitations. Often this variable can be overcome with tooling modifications or the production of customer specific tooling if needed.
September Trivia Contest!
Click here to enter for your chance to win a $25 Gift Card to Olive Garden Italian Restaurant!
Taking Care of Bending…
…it’s what Ercolina does!
NEW! Let everyone know you are taking care of bending with Ercolina when you wear this high-quality black cotton baseball hat!
+ $9.00 shipping & handling
Also available are these comfortable preshrunk 100% cotton jersey knit t-shirts in two different styles. Show everyone how you take care of bending with Ercolina!
Version 1 – Eagle
Version 2 – Auto & Bike
T-shirt Sizes & Prices:
+ $9.00 shipping & handling
We accept VISA, MasterCard and American Express.
CALL TODAY to order your very own
Ercolina Vinyl Posters
Now available for Ercolina Re-sellers
Ercolina’s beautiful new removable vinyl wall posters are available to authorized Ercolina distributors. This large, 24” x 36”, poster adheres well to smooth, indoor surfaces and is certain to catch your customer’s eye.
Call us today to order your poster – and while you are at it, do you need more catalogs?